Friday, February 5, 2016

Tasting--Yellow Tail Cabernet / Merlot





















Name: Yellow Tail Cabernet / Merlot
Variety: 60% Cabernet, 40% Merlot
Region: New South Wales
Country: Australia
Year: 2014
Price: Regular $10, Sale $4.95

Winery Review:

-"A classic blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Medium-bodied and very approachable with soft tannins. Fruit-forward flavors of plum, cherry and blackberry are accented by notes of spice with more juicy berries on the finish."



My Review:

**Disclaimer:  I am fighting a wicked cold, so my reviews this week may not be the best**


-85 Points

-This wine had a very deep, bold scent. There were hints of blackberry and a very, very defined cherry taste with a light kick at the end. I am usually not a fan of dark red wines, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment