Friday, February 12, 2016

Tasting--El Cortijillo














Name: El Cortijillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2014
Price: Regular $9, Sale $5.95

Winery Review: 

-"Bright purple. High-pitched red berry and floral scents display good clarity and a hint of cracked pepper. Shows a touch of jamminess to its pliant black raspberry and cherry compote flavors, with a spicy quality adding vibrancy. Finishes with good focus and no obvious tannins, leaving a sweet berry note behind."

My Review:

-90 Points
-This wine was strong on the nose with hints of pepper over a generic grape smell. I caught touches of Asian spice and some berries. The taste was a very obvious blackberry with a bit of a kick on the finish. I enjoyed this wine a lot--it was very different from any other I have tried thus far. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment