Friday, February 5, 2016

Tasting--Beringer Smooth Red Blend





















Name:
 Beringer Smooth Red Blend

Variety: Blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petite Sirah
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: Regular $15, Sale $5.95

Winery Review: 

-"A blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petite Sirah. Without a doubt, very smooth and uniquely balanced. Not too dry but not too sweet. Has a foundation of raspberry and blackberry that lingers in the finish. A slight hint at vanilla and some spice when it touches your tongue."

My Review:

**Disclaimer: I am fighting a wicked cold so my reviews this week may not be the best**

-83 Points
-This wine was not as strong on the nose. I tasted hints of cherry and other deep red fruits. I thought the wine was well balanced between dry and sweet, although still not something I think I would drink frequently. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment