Friday, February 12, 2016

Tasting--Peter Mertes Platinum















Name: Peter Mertes Platinum
Variety: Riesling Magnum
Region: Rheingau-Pfalz
Country: Germany
Year: 2014
Price: Regular $18, Sale $9.95

Winery Review: 

-"Light-bodied slightly sweet white wine; medium pale slightly greenish yellow. Inviting fresh white peach aroma and flavors. Easy to drink and not complicated, but what's there is very pleasant, and flavors develop in the glass."
 My Review:

-89 Points
-I was very excited to try this wine--I had heard nothing but good things about it. On the nose, it was a little earthy with hints of peach and grape. To the taste, it was very sweet, almost like honey, with an acidic finish. This wine was not as good as I was expecting, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment