Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting--Riebeek Cellars Viognier














Name: Riebeek Cellars
Variety: Viognier

Region: Swartland
Country: South Africa
Year: 2015
Price: Regular $12, Sale $7.95

Winery Review: 

-" This is a luscious viognier, featuring a deep yellow color, that explodes with juicy peach and honeysuckle flavors. Viognier can easily become flabby, but this one manages to keep its figure within bounds. I recommend this for immediate, lip-smacking enjoyment."   
 


My Review:

-89 Points

-This wine was very sweet on the nose with floral hints coming through. I had a hard time getting the wine to fully open up, however. To the taste, this wine was smooth with a bit of honey and almost a chapstick flavor. For me, this wine was pretty dull and could have used more body. I tried this wine on its own without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment