Friday, March 25, 2016

Tasting--Maipe Torrontes














Name: Maipes
Variety: Torrontes

Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2014
Price: Regular $14, Sale $7.95

Winery Review: 

-"
The wine has a spring-like nose of fresh white peaches, pears, green apple, green melon and hints of jasmine and rose petals. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and acidity along with fruit flavors and plenty of body. Well-balanced, this wine displays a pleasant freshness with citrus notes and a long finish."   
 

My Review:


-88 Points
-I liked this wine more than the first in this week's tastings, but it still wasn't my favorite. This wine had a strong pear nose with hints of pineapple an other citrus fruits. To the taste, I got strong pear and light citrus. This wine flowed smoothly through my palette and had a good finish without heat. I tried this wine on its own without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment