Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tasting--Carraia Aglianico














Name: Carraia
Variety: Aglianico

Region: Campagna
Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: Regular $15, Sale $9.95

Winery Review: 

-"
Produced in the Campania region of Italy, this Aglianico has delicious black fruit flavors with hints of licorice, volcanic soil and tar notes. Classic in nature, yet in a lighter, more crowd-pleasing style, the Carraia is made of the ancient Aglianico grape. This black grape originated in Greece and today is widely grown in Basilicata and Campania."

My Review:
-87 Points
-Surprisingly, I really liked this wine. The nose definitely threw me off--it was very strong and reminded me of cleaning supplies with hints of dark fruits. This wine tasted like Christmas for me with cherry and spice. This wine was definitely bitter throughout the palette and had a hot finish. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment