Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting--Castello Sonnino Chianti Montespertoli














Name:
 Castello Sonnino
Variety: Chianti Montespertoli

Region: Chianti
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: Regular $15, Sale $8.95

Winery Review: 

-"
A blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano and Malvasia del Chianti. Rich and modern, with a dark, saturated color and aromas of graham cracker and lemon rind. A juicy palate packed with plum and raspberry is carried by a creamy texture that’s rather toasty in terms of flavor. The finish is round, full and chocolaty."
 

My Review:


-85 Points
-This wine was a little better than the two that preceded it, but it was still not something I would enjoy drinking. On the nose, I caught hints of floral and some coffee. The taste was bitter and musky, reminding me of an old basement. On the finish, this wine was very dry. I was very interested to read the description because what I tasted was nowhere near what the critics said I would taste. I tried this wine on its own without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment