Friday, March 25, 2016

Tasting--Crane Lake Shiraz














Name: Crane Lake
Variety: Shiraz

Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Winery Review: 

-"
Beautiful ruby appearance, with blackberry and pepper notes. Tannins and fruit marry well for a soft finish. This wine pairs well with sharp cheddar cheese and hazelnuts. Also try it along with roast lamb at Easter time, veal marsala, or grilled salmon."   

My Review:


-87 Points
-I usually have good experiences with Crane Lake wines, but this one, for me, was underwhelming. On the nose, I got strong earthiness with hints of plum. To the taste, I got very strong vegetable with hints of pepper. This wine reminded me of Christmas time. I tried this wine on its own without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment