Friday, March 25, 2016

Tasting--Georges Duboeuf Nouveau














Name: Georges Dubouef
Variety: Nouveau

Region: Beaujolais
Country: France
Year: 2015
Price: Regular $12, Sale $5.95

Winery Review: 

-"
George Duboeuf is THE king of Beaujolais.  His wines are full of pop, charm and great flavor and his Beaujolais Nouveau is no exception.  A cornucopia of expressive fruit wrapped in an almost-bubblegum-like frame; it is the flagship Nouveau. "   
 

My Review:


-87 Points
-I had a lot of trouble opening this wine up--I hardly got anything on the nose. To the taste, this wine had strong hints of dark fruits and cherries. It seemed a little watered down for me, with no real defining taste and a very bitter finish. I tried this wine on its own without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment