Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting--Aveleda Praia Vinho Verde














Name: Aveleda Praia
Variety: Vinho Verde

Region: Vinho Verde
Country: Portugal 
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95

Winery Review: 

-"
A blend of 40% Arinto, 30% Loureiro, 20% Trajadura and 10% Azal.

Full of fruit, a lasting peach flavor targeted with laserlike acidity through the finish. It has the bite of salty ocean air and a lot of zing. For langoustines." 

My Review:


-86 Points
-I did not really care for this wine. On the nose, I got hints of peach and rubber. To the taste, this wine was really bitter, almost woodsy and very citrusy. This wine was hot on the finish. I was very surprised to learn that it had received a rating of 92 from Wine & Spirits. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment