Thursday, April 7, 2016

Tasting--Manoir du Carra Beaujolais Nouveau Gamay















Name:
 Manoir de Carra
Variety: Beaujolais Nouveau Gamay

Region: Beaujolais
Country: France
Year: 2014
Price: Regular $12, Sale $4.95

Winery Review: 

-"
A pretty, floral wine, with a rose petal note underscoring the rich pomegranate and sweet plum flavors. The fresh acidity is balanced, and a light spice note lingers on the finish."

My Review:

-90+ pts
-I absolutely loved this wine (which is surprising, because I am usually not a fan of reds). On the nose, I got deep cherry with hints of smoke and earthiness. Upon first taste, this wine seemed a little watered down, but after another swig, I got hints of caramel mixed with dark fruits. This wine really tricked me--the bouquet is definitely not as good as the flavor. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment