Friday, April 15, 2016

Tasting--Jip Jip Rocks Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon














Name: Jip Jip Rocks
Variety: Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: Padthaway
Country: Australia 
Year: NA
Price: Regular $19, Sale $8.95

Winery Review: 

-
87 – Robert Parker
-"This red wine is a well above average effort with lots of flavor as well as Australia's so easily obtainable, lush fruit. The 2013 Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon (55% and 45% respectively) exhibits a dark ruby/purple hue along with a layered, peppery, berry fruit-scented nose revealing licorice and meaty notes. From a much lighter vintage, it is a supple, easygoing red to enjoy now and over the next several years."

My Review:

-83pts
-I HATED this wine. On the nose, I got an overwhelming sense of pepper and could definitely smell a headache coming on (not to mention I couldn't stop sneezing...). To the taste, this wine was spicy and dry with a kick on the finish. This wine was just not my style at all. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment